Supply Services Branch procures internal goods and services (such as central purchasing) for Yukon government departments.
Its objective is to obtain, at best value for money and in a timely manner, the goods and services required by departments.
The branch includes:
- Asset Management, which maintains an inventory of Yukon government assets and manages the disposal of surplus items.
- Central Stores, which stocks and ships commonly used supplies on behalf of government departments.
- Acquisition and Planning Services, which buys goods (over $1,000) and transportation services for all government departments. The unit contracts for fixed wing or rotary aircraft charters and other transportation-related services such as third party rentals.
- Queen's Printer Agency, which is the government's official publisher. The agency’s mission is to facilitate and provide visual communication solutions, including print services.
- Fleet Vehicle Agency, which maintains a fleet of vehicles for use by government departments.
- Travel Services, which assists government employees with travel arrangements including fare reservations, hotel bookings and auto rentals.
- Mail Services, which offers internal and external pickup, delivery and processing services for all Yukon government departments and other government agencies in and around Whitehorse.