The Rural Road Upgrading Program is a process which can provide upgrades for non-industrial rural roads as well as maintenance, subject to approval of funds.
1. To upgrade non-industrial rural roads in the Yukon, whether currently maintained by YG or not.
2. To upgrade rural roads based on requests and input from rural residents and property owners.
3. To accomplish the work with local Contractors.
4. To evaluate projects on a geographical basis in order to spread the work around the Territory.
5. To develop cost share arrangements for projects that are not in the current inventory of government maintained roads.
Department of Highways and Public Works
Government of Yukon
461 Range Road
Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 2C6
Phone: (867) 667-8820
Fax: (867) 393-6447