Highways and Public Works

Department Overview

Carrier Compliance Permits
Contact Us

Freight Vehicle Permit - Own Commercial Goods

Companies that haul their own product, be it equipment, windows, tires, etc. with no valid Yukon reqistration into or out of the Yukon, or point-to-point within the Yukon require a Freight Vehicle Permit. This permit is good for a one-way trip only. An officer may request proof of ownership (bill of lading, etc) when he/she feels it is required. 

This permit is completed and issued by Carrier Compliance Officer at either the Whitehorse or Watson Lake Weigh Station;

Therefore, no application form is available to fill out.

When applying for this permit, a carrier will be required to supply the following information before the permit will be issued.

           Copy of valid vehicle insurance

           Copy of valid vehicle registration

           Copy of billing lading

           Copy of driver's license

*Please note: If carrying dangerous goods and a current Dangerous Goods Training Certificate must be carried as well.