Application Process for National Safety Code Program
What is the NSC application used for?
- The NSC application is required in order to receive a Safety Fitness Rating Certificate that is mandatory for all carriers.
- The Certificate confirms that a carrier meets minimum standards of carrier fitness and is a prerequisite to obtaining commercial vehicle registration in Yukon. This Certificate is recognized across Canada.
- A carrier's compliance with this program is monitored through vehicle inspections, facility audits, reportable accidents and violations, all of which are given points in a fashion similar to the demerit point system for drivers. This information is contained in the carrier profile. The evaluation and point system process takes into consideration a carrier's average fleet size.
To apply for a Certificate, carriers must complete an application form and provide specific information about the operation, its vehicles, and its drivers. The information required includes:
- Proof of valid and adequate insurance
- Articles of incorporation listing the corporate office, if applicable
- If not incorporated, partnership registration and driver's licence number of all principals
- Current fleet size
- A declaration stating the motor carriers's commitment to compliance with all appropriate highway safety laws (Declaration is printed on application form)
- Application fee of $50.00
Please Note: All documentation must display exactly the same company name.