Regional Economic Development Exceptions
Trade agreement exceptions for government procurement
The Government of Yukon is signatory to a number of trade agreements that affect government procurement. Under both the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA) and the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), Yukon has an exception to use a limited number of procurements to promote regional economic development, provided they do not support monopolistic activities. Each year Yukon can use the exception for up to 10 procurements, each worth up to one-million-dollars.
Notification is hereby given of the Government of Yukon’s intent to use the procurement exceptions in CFTA Schedule of Yukon – Procurement Exceptions and CETA Annex 19. Government of Yukon will derogate from the procurement provisions in the agreements no more than ten times per year.
The following procurements conform to the requirements of the exceptions noted. Each procurement has a total value below one-million-dollars and supports small enterprises or employment opportunities.
The following procurements, that are within the Yukon government’s jurisdiction and made by the Yukon government, promote regional economic development by supporting small enterprises such as those based in Yukon and increasing employment opportunities for local residents in non-urban areas.
Procurement exceptions for the fiscal year beginning April 1, 2017, and ending March 31, 2018.
- Campbell Highway - Slope and Drainage Improvements. Heavy civil earthworks on a remote highway (Campbell Highway)
- Whitehorse Airport - Maintenance Garage Ventilation Upgrade. Heating and ventilation at Erik Nielsen Whitehorse International Airport (YXY) (Whitehorse)
- Fraser Water Line and Treatment Replacement - Underground utilities and water treatment system installation at a remote highway maintenance camp (Fraser, Klondike Highway)
- Cleaning Services - Whitehorse Air Terminal. Cleaning services in a high security area of Erik Nielsen Whitehorse International Airport (YXY) (Whitehorse)
- Cleaning Services - Whitehorse buildings. Cleaning services in offices (Whitehorse)
- Roof Replacement - Carcross School. Replace school roof in remote community (Carcross)
- Roof Replacement - Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board Building
Replace roof on office building (Whitehorse)
- Stand-by-Generator - Combined Services Building. Generator replacement at office building (Whitehorse)
- Boiler Replacement - Watson Lake Elementary School. Boiler system replacement for school heating system in a remote community (Watson Lake)
- Generator - Porter Creek Secondary School. Generator replacement at a school (Whitehorse)
2018 CFTA exceptions bid sheets
Procurement exceptions for the fiscal year beginning April 1, 2018, and ending March 31, 2019.
Regional Economic Development Exceptions - Project selection criteria for 2018-19
- Public address system replacements for Porter Creek Secondary School and Vanier Catholic School – Construction (Whitehorse)
- French First Language Secondary School owner’s design team - Consultant services (Whitehorse)
- Modular classroom for Golden Horn – Design build (Whitehorse)
- Concrete road side barriers - Supply and deliver (Whitehorse)
- Bridge construction - Lee Creek and Dominion Creek (Dawson)
- Concrete road side barriers - Supply and delivery (Various locations)
- Concrete barriers - Site preparation and placement (Various locations)
- Craig Street hydraulic tower replacement - Construction (Dawson)
- Andrew A. Philipsen Law Centre holding cell improvements - Construction (Whitehorse)
- Elijah Smith Elementary School lighting - Construction (Whitehorse)
2019 CFTA exceptions bid sheets
Note: This procurement is by invitation only. Only those bidders/proponents who have been formally invited in writing by Government of Yukon to submit bids/proposals will have their bids/proposals accepted. Bids/proposals received from persons other than those formally invited in writing by Government of Yukon will not be accepted, and returned to the bidder/proponent unopened.
Yukon businesses that want to be invited to bid on one of these ten procurements should contact the Procurement Support Centre by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 867-667-5385.